Every December the Hale Center Theater in Orem does their annual production of the Christmas Carol. Chris and I went for the first time last year and absolutely loved it! Going at the beginning of December it is the perfect way to get into the Christmas spirit. We have decided to make it a family tradition to go to the play every year whether or not we still live in Provo. I think the play is popular enough that we won't have too much of a problem finding it wherever we move.
This year we went to the new Crepes restaurant just down the street from the theater before the show. Everything was so yummy and the show was just as good, if not better than last year.
The theater is so small but with the superb costumes, singing, and acting its just as good as any large theater I've been to. My favorite parts are when Bob Cratchett sings "What Child is This?" as he kneels at Tiny Tim's grave with the snow falling down and then after the play is over all the actors line up outside the door and sing carols to you as you reach the parking lot. It is so festive and we just leave feeling so excited for the Christmas season!
Oh my goodness, Melanie and I went to the Hale Theater to see "Christmas Carol" or freshman year because my cousin was in it. It was amazing! I'm glad to hear it's still so good!
ReplyDelete