Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I am a BYU Dietetics Graduate


Graduation weekend was the absolute best. Mom and dad flew in from D.C. and stayed at our apartment in Provo. I loved having them in our little world all to ourselves. I got so spoiled with graduation gifts and eating out at my favorite places. Get ready for picture overload.



Mom came to the class picture with me and it gave me a chance to show her my office where I work on campus and dad and Chris met up with us at my program's reception.
We had the most beautiful weather. It was the perfect weekend.
Dallin H. Oaks was our commencement speaker and did a great job. After him I fell asleep...




7th and final graduate! I'm really proud of my parents for their accomplishments in raising our family: all 7 have been sealed in the temple and all 7 have graduated with a college degree. Not an easy feat--they definitely did something right.
My two favorite guys in the whole world. They bonded this weekend over the youtube videos "Guy on the Buffalo" and a round of golf.



After commencement we went down to the Riverwoods to eat at La Jolla Groves. After a delicious dinner Chris and I took mom and dad to Blickenstaff's (one of the best toy stores I've been to) for a little fun. I was surprised at how much they loved it. Mom wouldn't leave the store; every time dad told her it was time to go she would write on her doodle board she was playing with "N-O". It was pretty cute.














Friday morning the boys went off to golf up in Draper while Mom and I of course went to the University Mall. We had a great time buying her a whole new outfit that she wore right out of the store. 
Best quote of the weekend: "I am done shopping....pretty much." 
I have no doubt where I've gotten my genes from :). We grabbed lunch at Rumbi Grill and then rushed down to make to the graduation ceremony. Spending the morning just me and my mom was probably the best part of the whole weekend. I miss that time with her.

College of Life Sciences Graduation!


Pretty sure dad is more excited about this day than I am. All of the kids through college=no more tuition to pay=retirement. I couldn't have done this without his support. He is the best dad.


I left the ceremony after they called me name so we could beat the rush. Best decision ever. We went up to eat at Joe's Crab Shack with Michael and Kristine and their 4 kids and Nicholas and Courtney. It was a fantastic weekend and I can't believe that I am DONE!
Onto the next stage of life: internship=>RD exam=> move for dental school=> real life job
I am so blessed to have my best friend beside me for love and support. We make a really great team and have come so far together. Can't wait to see the places we'll go.
 
Future here we come!

1 comment:

  1. Kerri-I am so happy for you and your accomplishments! Not only did you graduate, but you did it with an amazing GPA! You're a genius! And you're done! I can't wait to see what the future holds for you guys! Oh, and I love your peach skirt and blouse. So cute.

    ReplyDelete