Friday, October 12, 2012

The City of Brotherly Love

This was my first year to go to the Food and Nutrition Conference and Expo. 
All 8 interns flew out together and had a really great trip!

It overlapped with General Conference (so depressing!) but at least Chris and I were able to pick mom and dad up at the airport on Thursday night and go to dinner at City Creek. 
It was bittersweet to see them for such a short night.

 We got into our hotel super late and had the next morning to explore the city.

Liberty Bell!
(Independence Hall in the background)

 Where the Declaration of Independence was signed


One of my best friends Emma met up with us from Boston (she's doing her internship at Mass Gen). 
Her and I dragged everyone down to the ghetto of Philly to have the genuine Philly cheese steak experience!
 So worth the trip.


Emma had her own room at the Marriott a block away from the conference center so I kept her company there for a few nights. It was so great catching up and having that time together. I have missed her like crazy!

Swag from the expo (one day's worth). I love my career!

Paula Dean did a healthy cooking demo and talked about her diabetes.
She is hilarious! 
(Did I mention I love my career choice?)

Our professors also treated us to dinner one night. 
Its fun having the dynamic change since we have been interns vs. when we were students in the program.

I was also gone over Chris and I's 2-year anniversary so we celebrated when I got back by going to the Chef's Table for dinner after my clinical case study presentation. It was a great trip minus the timing of it all :(

No comments:

Post a Comment