Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happily Ever After: October 8,2010



Chris and I got married in the middle of the semester. Crazy, I know, but August was too soon and we would have gone crazy waiting until December so October 8th it was. My family was so amazing for flying in from all over the country. Especially my brother-in-laws Jason and Hyrum who had to make alot of sacrifices with their schooling and work to be there. It was so amazing to finally all be in the temple together as a family. Thank you guys:)

The day before the wedding was C-R-A-Z-Y. I had a humanities test to take that morning and left campus as soon as I was finished. I met up with my parents and my sisters at Chris and I's new apartment (see future posts to see what it looks like!). Chris came over to see us and we packed up our stuff for the weekend. He finished moving in that afternoon and we said goodbye. Then I went to the mall for a bit with my family to do a little shopping and got lunch at Cafe Rio. So far, so good.

At lunch Kristin and Kelsey were joking around about how my flowers hadn't been ordered yet. I thought that it was all taken care of and told them they weren't funny for joking about something like that. Just to calm my nerves I called Chris's mom to confirm that they had been ordered. I was so thankful to my sisters at that moment. There had been some kind of miscommunication and THE FLOWERS HADN'T BEEN ORDERED!!!!! Let the madness begin.
I was so distraught! My mom and I rushed up to Salt Lake (we were still in Provo) to get to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building before they closed. My car started acting funny and weird lights were going off. We had to get to Salt Lake so I just kept on driving and prayed that we would make it. Well, our prayers were answered. My car broke down as soon as we got to the intersection at temple square. My mom stayed with the car and I ran into get the flowers ordered. She made friends with some funny construction workers while she was waiting :)

Thankfully, the woman who worked in the flower shop was AMAZING and was able to find all the flowers I wanted from different vendors aro und the valley.Three hours and several last minute changes later, my sisters and I went off for pedicures at the H2O salon in the Gateway. If you are ever in the area and need a pedicure, get the deluxe package. I was in heaven and it was the best looking pedicure I've ever had. Several people asked me if they put acrylics on they looked so good!

*Pedicures At The H2O Salon In The Gateway*
That night Chris's family flew in and we all met for dinner at Buca Di Beppo. It was so fun to see everyone get along so well. I love the Bell's!

On our actual wedding day it was overcast and a little rainy. Luckily as soon as we came out of the temple it stopped and we were able to have beautiful pictures. It was a whirlwind of a day and I wish I could remember more! Luckily we had a videographer that captured it all for us. My favorite part was looking around the sealing room and seeing all of Chris and I's family and friends as were were sealed together for time and all eternity. It was so special. I also loved seeing how excited Chris was and the look on his face when he saw me for the first time in my wedding dress. He is so cute :)
*Braden Peeking In On Us As We Were Getting Ready To Come Out*
*Mr. and Mrs. Bell**My Beautiful Mom**My New Father-In Law*
*Chris Always Keeps Everyone Laughing* *Everyone At The Temple*
*My Parents and Siblings*
*The Bell Family*
*Some of My Old Roommates*
*Chris and The Boys*
*My Beautiful Bouquet Ordered Less Than 24 Hours Ago**I LOVE The Door Knobs On The Temple*

*I Think This Is My Favorite One*

After the fabulous luncheon we got into a carriage and off to the Grand America Hotel we went! It was the most luxurious hotel and Chris and I can't wait until we can stay there again someday. That night we ate dinner at the Melting Pot and I thought I was in heaven. I've been a little obsessed with fondue ever since we've eaten there. It was the perfect ending to the perfect day.

*Our Guest Book*
*Such Charming Brothers I Have*
*Our Good Friend Zach**My Attractive Brother Nicholas--Sorry Ladies He's Married*
*Leaving In Our Carriage* *The Last Wave Goodbye*

*Chocolate Covered Strawberries Waiting For Us In Our Room*

The Next Day was the Reception up in Montana....

*Montana T-Shirts My Older Brother Michael Got For Us at Wal-Mart. Very Classy*

A Couple Weekends Later was the Reception in California...


*Our First Plane Ride Together*


I Still Need To Get Pictures From That Reception So More To Come...

No comments:

Post a Comment