
For my 20th birthday Chris and I decided to go up to Montana with Michael, Chris's younger brother, and 5 of our friends to go skydiving! This was something I was planning on doing for my 18th birthday, but broke my ankle two weeks before in a freak water slide accident. So obviously no-go. After a fun roadtrip up to Missoula we stayed at my house Thursday night. Friday morning we headed out to Flathead Lake to make the jump of a lifetime.
*A Beautiful Morning In Missoula*

*Chris Practicing the Jumping Position*
(this wing is what we had to step out onto 9000' above the ground!)
(this wing is what we had to step out onto 9000' above the ground!)

*Our Cute Little Plane*
It was a beautiful summer day and after a little training Michael had the first jump. I went second and little did I know that Chris had slipped a little black box to my tandem instructor before we took off.
It was a beautiful summer day and after a little training Michael had the first jump. I went second and little did I know that Chris had slipped a little black box to my tandem instructor before we took off. When we reached full elevation (9000') my instructor pulled it out and said "your boyfriend wanted me to give this to you." I freaked out--here I was about to jump out of plane and Chris thought it would be funny to throw getting engaged in there too! Plus, he was supposed to wait until after my birthday (I didn't want to be a teenager when I got engaged--kind of silly I know). Chris knew I would be expecting it in a couple weeks so he wanted to do it his own way. Anways, I opened the box and there was a note in it saying, "Nice box huh? Your present is waiting for you at the bottom..."
It added to the stress even more, I thought he was going to propose as soon as I landed! Stepping out of the plane and jumping off the wing backwards was so intimidating. Freefalling through the air and seeing Montana like that was one of the coolest things I've ever experienced and would do it again in heartbeat. The instructor let me help guide us down to the landing zone after the chute was deployed. We made a very smooth landing.
Chris was standing there with a big ol' grin on his face and I had been expecting some kind of sign or something waiting at the bottom but there was nothing. He approached me and asked, "do you want your present?" I braced myself for the big moment and he pulled out a necklace!! Not exactly what I had been expecting and punched him in the arm for playing such a mean trick on me! It was really beautiful and he had gotten it for me on the cruise he went on with his family. I was half disppointed, half relieved it wasn't the "real thing" since it was a bit sooner than I had expected. Little did I know he had another jewelry box to give me that weekend...
*Happy To Be Back Safely On The Ground*

*Getting Mad at Him After When it was a Necklace Instead*
*Chris Coming in For His Landing*
*Michael and Zach also learned the ways of the eagle while we were there :)*

Playing the "Meal or No Meal" Game Chris setup up for me for my birthday when we got home from dinner. I won Olive Garden. It was such a clever idea!
*The Game Show Models Looked A Little Different That Night*

*NO MEAL! Ha Randy was our "Howie"*
After "Meal or No Meal", Chris asked me if I wanted to go for a paddleboat ride around the island we were staying on. It was a beautiful night with all of the stars and people were even lighting off fireworks on the opposite side of the lake. Kellie told us to be back in 30 minutes. I just brushed her off since that was just typical Kellie being the "mom" :). We were out there talking about how much we loved eachother and I ended up saying "why don't we just get married tomorrow!" Chris kept on wanting to head back to the cabin and I wanted to stay out there longer. I couldn't figure out why he was in such a rush. Finally I agreed and we got back to the cabin. He took me in a side door where Hershey kisses led from sign to sign and I thought it was all for my birthday (which was the next day). They started to get a little more romantic and led out to the back porch where he had our song playing and we started to dance. I of course started to cry. At exactly midnight (so it was technically my birthday) he knelt down on one knee and asked me to be his wife! I of course said "yes."It was one of the most perfect moments of my life.









No comments:
Post a Comment