Monday, April 11, 2011

Apartment Tour Part I

Chris and I love our first little apartment and are happy to be here the next two years while finishing up at BYU. From the outside the complex looks a little ghetto and I had my doubts at first but my mom always talked about "blooming where you are planted." These are the first three rooms that I have done. The walls are ridiculously white and we aren't allowed to paint. And of course we have a very limited budget so this is the best I can do considering the circumstances. I want to tweak the kitchen and bedroom a little more so those will come later.

Side Note: I had a test and we were having a ward dinner party at our apartment that night. I was planning on taking my test and coming home after to clean and get everything ready. Coming out of the testing center I found a note that Chris left for me and he had cleaned the whole apartment and gave me the afternoon off to do whatever I wanted! He is so sweet and thoughtful--I love that guy. Not only did I get to relax and do what I actually wanted to for the rest of the day but it was the perfect time to take these pictures!

*The Living Room*
Finding fillers for my glass jars is harder than I thought it would be!
Still working on the quote in the middle. That project is for when finals is over.



 *The Bathroom*


 *The Office*
So this isn't the highest on my priority for decorating and probably never will be. I'll save that money for when it's worthwhile :)




Still trying to figure out what to do on this wall above the desk. The office chair we got for free out of a dumpster on BYU campus. Pretty nice eh?

4 comments:

  1. Your apartment looks amazing! About a million times better than ours did as students. Have you checked out the new Hobby Lobby there? That's where I found fillers for my glass jars.

    On a different note, you are so lucky to get to see your family as often as you do. What a fun tradition to get together conference weekend. I miss shopping with my mom and sisters. :(

    And the River Horse is sooooo good! We got treated to it when we were there and loved it. It's probably one of the best places I've been.

    It's so fun to read your posts and keep up with what's going on with you and Chris. You're such a cute couple. Hope to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aunt Kerri! This is Lauren. We love your apartment and wish you lived next door (so we could have a girl party every night!:-)) We miss you! Are you coming to Montana this July?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren! How are you cute girl?! I wish we lived next door too--that would be such a blast. I miss you so much! We are going to try to come in July but it's a lot harder to get up to Montana from California. I promise Chris and I will do our best to be there. Maybe I'll ask to go to Montana for my birthday then we can all have a party together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerri, you've done an amazing job! Can't wait to come and see it in person. You better get that office gussied up if that's where I'm staying. Otherwise I'll stay with Nicholas. JK. Love you!

    ReplyDelete